Saturday, January 16, 2010

Prayer Time - When is it best to pray?



This morning when I woke up I prayed in the bed before I got up.  While I was praying I felt as though I wasn't giving Jesus the respect he deserved. The reason I felt this way was because I was laying in the bed, not on my knees really giving myself and time to him.  Some people would say that Im too hard on myself and that this is just being to picky about something this trivial.  Well I have to say that to me we are not trivial to Jesus.  We live in a world that basically hated Jesus.  People think that money and position as well as power is everything.  Well the bible says that the meek will inherit the kingdom of God.  I feel like this.   Jesus was born among men and he got beaten and mocked and spit on and hurt in so many ways. At any time he could have stopped it and saved himself, but he suffered and died  anyway.  He even done this in a way that basically cut the chosen people out of the picture and put the gentiles in the picture in a big way.  If it weren't for this act then we the gentiles wouldn't have come to know Jesus in the way that we did.  I try to pray first thing in the morning and anytime I can during the day.  Really I think we should be of one accord with Jesus which would mean that we should be in a sort of prayer all the time.  What do you think ?

No comments:

Post a Comment